By day Laurie Ruettimann is a writer, speaker, and podcaster as a result of the heartbreak and outrage she experienced throughout her corporate career. She loves calling out boorish behavior, she is dedicated to the revolutionary and long-overdue mission of fixing work by telling stories and teaching leaders how to create workplace cultures that support, empower, and engage workers meaningfully.
Now she helps executives and HR leaders prioritize the employee experience to avoid the collateral damage of a toxic work environment. You can find her all over the internet, shaking her fist and yelling at clouds.
Laurie also has a podcast called “Let’s Fix Work”. Work is where people should gain dignity, self-worth and financial security. Too bad it’s broken. Let’s Fix Work is dedicated to amplifying the best stories about the workplace, featuring business leaders, celebrities, politicians and human resources experts.
In this episode Doug and Laurie Ruettimann discuss:
- Why downloads don’t really matter and how your show can help build your business no matter what your numbers are
- How attitude can make or break your experience and longevity as a podcaster
- The nuts and bolts of Laurie’s podcast process – planning, prepping, booking guests, recording and distributing
- You can’t cash a download at the bank, but guests can turn into clients, partners and other lucrative connections
- It is beneficial to have a production team as your partner as opposed to an outsourced service provider
- Coming out from behind the microphone and connecting with your audience in person, especially your biggest fans, is a great way to stay motivated
“I find podcasting to be infectious. Like I find it to be exciting. I really hope that if you’re podcasting, you share that same kind of excitement. If you don’t, you really need to rethink the experience, the process, so that it brings you joy, just like it should bring your guests some joy.” ~Laurie Ruettimann
Check out Laurie’s podcast Let’s Fix Work at LetsFixWork.com
Connect with Laurie Ruettimann:
Connect with Doug Sandler:
Phone: (410) 340-6861
Already have a podcast? Think you have what it takes to earn six figures from your show? Take our quiz to see if you are primed to make six figures plus. TurnkeyPodcast.com/quiz